Hello friends, happy Wednesday! I apologize for missing my post yesterday. I’m working on getting some more book reviews written and posted here for you all. Hopefully, that will be soon!
I was recently tagged for the Liebster Award by Grace over at Gabbing with Grace, so I thought it would fun to do that today. (By the way, you should check out her blog. She has some really cool posts on there!)
But before I get into that, I want to let you know about an interview I recently did with Ariel at Scribes & Archers on how my enneagram type affects my writing process. It’s part of a series she’s doing on how the different enneagram types approach writing. I had so much fun doing it, and I actually learned a lot about myself. You might find her series helpful, especially if you’re a writer! If you’re interested, you can find my interview here.
Ok, now onto the Liebster Award!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you (Thank you so much, Grace!).
- Answer the eleven questions he/she asked.
- Nominate eleven more bloggers for the award.
- Make sure they know you nominated them.
- And ask your eleven nominated bloggers eleven questions.
Grace’s questions and my answers:
1. When did you first start your blog?
I started blogging at the end of December 2020/beginning of January 2021, so it’s been just over a month. It feels like it’s been longer though!
2. What’s something you want to blog about but haven’t yet? Why?
At some point, I’d like to do a series on personality types (on my type and those similar to mine), listing some of the characteristics of each and giving tips for dealing with things like stress, conflict, and a busy schedule. I haven’t done this yet because 1) I’m not an expert on this and I don’t quite feel qualified to do it, 2) this kind of project would take a lot of work and time to put together, and 3) I’m not sure anyone would really be interested in something like this. (So question: would you guys be interested in this?)
But, either way, I’ll probably still end up doing it at some point. It just might be a while!
3. What’s your dream job?
I would love to be a mom who works from home by writing, editing, and giving music lessons. (That’s a job, right?) I’d also love to work as an editor at a publishing house at some point, but not as a long-term career.
4. Name a movie you want to watch but haven’t yet. Why?
Hmm, there aren’t too many movies I’m dying to watch. But ever since I read The White Rose Resists by Amanda Barratt, I’ve been wanting to watch the movie on Sophie Scholl. I’ve heard it’s really good, but I just haven’t gotten around to watching it yet (especially since it’s not exactly a movie for the whole family).
5. What’s your favorite topic to debate about? (Assuming you like to debate . . . better for you if you don’t.)
I’m not the kind of person who enjoys debating . . . unless it’s related to writing and stories! I’m pretty passionate about the power of stories, so you might be able to get me to debate about that! 😉
Also, ever since I took a Christian apologetics course in eleventh grade, I’ve been really interested in arguments proving the existence of God and especially the validity of the New Testament. I was blown away by how much evidence there is for both of them! I don’t feel ready yet to debate with an atheist, but as I expand my knowledge in that area, I’d like to get to the point where I am more comfortable debating it.
6. Who has been your biggest supporter in life?
Besides my parents, my sister has been a huge supporter. She’s always been there for me when I needed her, she’s patiently listened to me ramble on and on about my characters, and she’s encouraged me on the hard days when I’ve wanted to give up. I don’t know what I would do without her!
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
That’s a hard question! There are so many places I’d love to live. I’m pretty happy with where I live now, especially since we’re moving to the beautiful Western Cape next week, but one place I’ve always wanted to live is Russia. It’s such a beautiful, intriguing place, and I don’t think I would mind the cold too much! My dream is to at least visit Russia someday and maybe even serve there long-term in missions.
8. What’s something you don’t like, even though most people do? (It could be a book, TV show, song, anything!)
(You had to ask it? Now I’m sure to offend someone! 😉 I really don’t like the TV series When Calls the Heart. It doesn’t have a lot of substance to it and it’s just really . . . cliche. The acting isn’t that great, the romance is cringey, and there’s almost zero conflict (and the little bit of conflict it does have is unrealistic most of the time). Plus (spoiler alert), they made it worse by killing Jack off in season five. I mean, we waited four whole seasons for Jack and Elizabeth to get married, and then he dies almost right away. That’s terrible story writing. There are definitely better TV shows out there. (Sorry, all you WCTH fans out there. My rant is over now.)
9. What makes you stop and think? (Roses? Poems? Big words?)
I guess nature, especially the ocean, mountains, and the night sky. Also, reading deep, thought-provoking nonfiction books about the Christian life and faith.
10. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you “grew up”?
I’ve always wanted to be a writer . . . and that hasn’t changed! I used to want to be a concert pianist, but I quickly gave that up. (The nerves, guys. I would not survive one minute on the stage!)
11. If you could make up a question to ask yourself as the final one in this list, what would it be? (For example, “Why was Grace too lazy to create a legitimate question?” By the way, I’ve an answer to that. It’s not laziness; it’s ingenuity.)
Oh gracious, I don’t know! Maybe, what is my goal in life? To which my answer is, to glorify God by serving others with my writing and musical abilities.
The blogs I’m nominating:
Maribeth @The Writer’s Tale
Emily @The Altogether Unexpected
Amelie @Swordmaiden of the King
The girls @Teen Writers’ Nook
Ariella @The Arbitrary Fairy
Grace Marie @The Worthy Beloved
Alexa @Teen Pulse
My questions for you:
1. What is your blog all about? What do you write about on there?
2. Have you ever finished a full-length writing project or wanted to?
3. Are you an introvert or an extrovert (or an ambivert)?
4. What inspires you the most? Certain books? Movies? Music?
5. What book are you reading right now? (Or if you’re not reading anything right now, what was the last book you read?)
6. What kind of music do you like to listen to (if at all)?
7. Which type of character would you like to be in a book? The protagonist? Mentor? Sidekick?
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
9. What is your favorite season? Why?
10. Generally, which do you prefer: books or movies? Why?
11. Who is someone you look up to and want to emulate? (It can even be someone from the past.)
And that’s everything! I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me. Maybe these questions got you thinking too! Even if you weren’t tagged, feel free to answer any of these questions in the comments below!